Businesses of the Month
Reflections Hair Salon and Spa – Megan Sisler, Owner
1. How did your business begin? I always wanted to own my own salon, and after working for another salon for about two years, I made it happen. I opened Reflections in my home at the time, in Pecatonica 2004.
2. What made you start your business in the Winnebago area? Linda Bloomquist owned the building where Reflections is now. The deal just fell into place. Linda was ready to retire and I was ready to take the next step in my career and expand my business. I’m from Durand and being from a small community I wanted to keep my business local, so Winnebago was a perfect fit for me. I now live in Winnebago with my family, as well.
3. What are your goals for your business? There are so many “quick salons” that only provide minimum services. I strive to provide total body and hair care to Winnebago and the surrounding communities. Providing top quality service, convenient hours, affordable rates, and a relaxing environment is my ultimate goal for each customer that walks through the door. I was able to expand my building and add a spa in 2009, which was a goal I was so happy to achieve!
4. Do you have any hobbies/past times? I really consider hair my hobby, I love it, and don’t always consider it work! When I’m not in the salon I love spending time with my family. We enjoy going boating, attending Cubs games, and working in the yard. I really enjoy crafting with my seven year old and we look forward to that time together!
5. Any recent accomplishments? Besides being the October 2017 Business of the Month, I have been working on upgrading the interior and exterior of the salon over the past year. We have a new layout, stations, plus the addition of the coffee bar! I am not done yet but I love how the salon looks!